groupjive and using substitutions

3 years 7 months ago #320169 by srisree999
groupjive and using substitutions was created by srisree999
Is it possible the following with community builder and groupjive

1 . Admin creates group Categories - unlimited

yes i saw at demo

2. user can create group in admin created categories - limit to some X

yes provision is there

3 .user can see group page after join only - without join he can't enter into group page.

?

4 .user can join other user created groups - limit to some X

cant find in demo

5. There is chat / video conferrence server in another url

user can access chat / video by url+room name

admin will create room name with password

user can enter with password only.

url of the chat / video is DOMAIN DOT COM /ROOMNAME

user created group name is room name

now my question is can i add a link/ page in the following page

in demo / under commodity /under my groups / cb antispam is group

after clicking cb antispam the group page will be displayed

there we can see the following links

Activity ,Gallery,Events,Files,Photos,Videos,Wall,Users,Invites

after invites i want to add one link that "group live meet" ( for every group)

when user click the link i want to display chat / video coferrence rules and has to generate the following link for the group as room name

and links to android app /ios app

and finally live conference link

DOMAIN DOT COM /ROOMNAME

as i said before room name is group name

how i can print groupname in link

domain with groupname after licking user will enter the password

DOMAIN DOT COM /GROUPNAME

password : password

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic groupjive and using substitutions

3 .user can see group page after join only - without join he can't enter into group page.

With Invite group type, yes, but they will have to be invited to the group.

4 .user can join other user created groups - limit to some X

Limit the number of groups a user can join? No, there's no functionality for that but maybe possible using CB Auto Actions and maybe CB Query Field.

5. There is chat / video conferrence server in another url

No, it does not have any sort of chat or video conferencing feature.

when user click the link i want to display chat / video coferrence rules and has to generate the following link for the group as room name

Ah, I understand you just want to add a new tab that links to an external service. New tabs can only be added via API, which you can do using CB Auto Actions or probably better to just insert it as a menu option in the groups menu or a button on its canvas image. Alternatively could just add it per-group manually using the CB GroupJive About integration which adds a custom About tab where you can supply whatever HTML you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn