Messaging

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #321118 by galanopd
Messaging was created by galanopd
Hi,

What I am trying to accomplish with no luck so far, is for a user with a lower View Access Level to be able to receive IM from a higher Level user and able to reply to this message BUT not to be able to create a New Message.

In other words, lower View Access Level users not to be able to IM other users BUT only to reply.

I have been trying to do so via Plugins->Parameters->Internal->Create but whatever I do, the user is either able to send to everyone or to noone!

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #321122 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Messaging
We've already implemented separate PMS permissions for creating and replying. See the below blog post regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18876-private-message-create-access

That is the only create permissions we provide for PMS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds