Nightly build of January 11th, 2021

3 years 3 months ago #322528 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021

kommid wrote: I installed the update yesterday on a site. How can I downgrade? Just installing v. 4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e over the current installation doesn't work.

What means "does not work" ?

How did you try the downgrading ? There are 2 ways:

- download the nightly build build 4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e from our Downloads menu above, then install through Joomla (better way in this particular case)
- click the greyed "Installed" button (for Community Builder only) in the CB Plugins Management / Install & Update will also install the latest now published version 4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e.

(of course backup first as usual, not overwriting previous backups).

The downgrade will unfortunately not restore the CB configuration nor the core CB plugins and the afterwards installed or upgraded other plugins.
So the restoration from backup of the comprofiler_plugin MySQL table will still need to be done after the downgrade.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322529 by beat

vitasoft wrote: -- machine translate --
After installing pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.11.18.11.18.403e0c931.zip, the menu view of my template lt_wineshop on mobile devices from the form "Off Canvas" changed to something monstrous. With no Joomla or CSS settings, I was unable to return the menu to its expected appearance. I would not like to completely restore the archives of the site, since the user is not to blame and would like to keep their posts, but it is not possible to work with such a change. Of course, I restored the __comprofiler_plugin table, but this did not help with my menu, it seems to me that there is something else that has changed, if I find something, I will supplement the post.

As that issue description surprised me and I didn't see any other reports for this, I've now reviewed code changes from this nightly related to menus, and I didn't find any new modification of menus for Joomla 3. and I don't see how that CB nightly build would change the menu structure that is unrelated to CB.

Did you upgrade or install or configure anything else than that CB nightly build pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.11.18.11.18.403e0c931.zip ?

As first step try restoring the #__menu MySQL table from the same recent backup if you didn't make Joomla menu changes since then and let us know if that fixes your issue (as safety measure, backup first without overwriting previous backups).

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 3 months ago #322530 by beat

kondrich wrote: I also have 2.4.7+build.2021.01.11.18.11.18.403e0c931 installed. I restored comprofiler_plugin params column in affected rows as advised.

However, if i open a user's details in CB, the forms are completely empty. No real name, no email (i.e no standard columns populated), no user defined fields are populated. Nothing. When I inspect the #_comprofiler table, everything is in place there.
Is this another problem?

You actually also need to downgrade the CB Package to the currently latest published build (4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e), e.g. from our Downloads menu above and install it by upload through Joomla extensions installer, or click the "Installed" grey button for Community Builder package in CB / Plugins management / Install & Upgrade.

Does issue persist after downgrading ?

3 years 3 months ago #322531 by kommid
Replied by kommid on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
I tried to install it trhough joomla:
001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e.zip is being installed.
001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e.zip failed to install! hide
500 - Internal Server Error

3 years 3 months ago #322532 by kondrich
Replied by kondrich on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
Thank you for the hint.

I downloaded the pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.11.18.11.18.403e0c931.zip and installed it via Joomlas plugin installer. It reported a HTTP 500 error.
Then I went to CB and it told me that I had to execute the second step of the installation by clicking the provided link. I clicked it and it reported " String could not be parsed as XML ".

Then I returned to CB that told me to be on January, 4th version, but member profiles are still empty.

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #322533 by cez
Replied by cez on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
HI,
What if the CB configuration was basically based on the CB Quickstart plugin? Will pressing Quickstart / Reinstall in Plugin Management help in restoring main settings (or part?)?

thx

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn