Avatars in Users List are round instead of square

2 years 10 months ago #325019 by WoodyF4u
I have a menu item of type Users list.
With that I show the view of members.
I don't know when it was changed by an update, but noticed that the avatars are now round and not square anymore.
I have attached an example.
Does anyone have an idea how I can get the avatars square again?

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325032 by krileon
The defaults for the avatar field changed. Since you never saved the avatar field your install is applying the defaults. Edit the avatar field in CB > Field Management and adjust its settings as desired.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325038 by WoodyF4u
Thanks. With that I now have the avatars rectangular again.
Is there also a possibility to get photos that users upload both portrait and landscape in the user list all the same size?
In any case, all have the same width for portrait and the same height for landscape.
I have not been able to find that in the settings of the avatar field.

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

2 years 10 months ago #325061 by krileon

Is there also a possibility to get photos that users upload both portrait and landscape in the user list all the same size?

No, we don't have any functionality to re-process images. So if you want to restrict their sizes you'll have to do so with CSS or re-process the images yourself.

I have not been able to find that in the settings of the avatar field.

The following defaults in the avatar field ensure squared images, but this only applies to newly uploaded avatars.

Maximum Width: 160
Maximum Height: 160
Maximum Thumbnail Width: 80
Maximum Thumbnail Height: 80
Main Aspect Ratio: Yes, with User Cropping
Allow Client Resize: Enable

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325097 by WoodyF4u
OK thanks for the answers.
I have enough information now.

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn