CB Forgot Login Broken

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326560 by jeff.steinkamp
CB Forgot Login Broken was created by jeff.steinkamp
With a recent update of Community Builder, it appears the CB Forgot Login is no longer working. We can fill in the username and email address, but the blue button to send is disabled. Why is that? This had been working just fine up until about a week or so ago.

Is there some sort of hidden configuration that I am unaware of?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326576 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Forgot Login Broken
Nothing changed in regards to forgot login. It appears to still be working in my tests as well as on our demo site. The button staying disabled usually means you've a JavaScript error on the page breaking the JS. Switch to Joomlas default protostar (Joomla 3) or cassiopeia (Joomla 4) template, clear Joomla cache, then retry as JS issues like this often are caused by 3rd party templates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326587 by jeff.steinkamp
Replied by jeff.steinkamp on topic CB Forgot Login Broken
protostar is the default template for the whole site and has been for a few years. I did clear out all of the cache items, but that hasn't done anything to correct the problem. I believe this broke after the 3.6.3 update of CB. If there is a JS error, where would I find that error file because I am not finding anything in the usual places.

Since I am not worthy of posting URLs in my responses, send me an email to n7yg@n7yg (dot) com and I'll give you the URL to the site and you can have a look-see.

2 years 5 months ago #326603 by krileon
Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools, refresh the forgot login page, try to use forgot login, and see if there's any errors (they'll be red) are present in the Console tab of your browsers developer tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326609 by jeff.steinkamp
Replied by jeff.steinkamp on topic CB Forgot Login Broken
Here is the trace from the Console:

Error with Permissions-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'interest-cohort'.
cb-forgot-login:73 Uncaught ReferenceError: cbjQuery is not defined
at cb-forgot-login:73
(anonymous) @ cb-forgot-login:73
cb-forgot-login:80 Uncaught ReferenceError: cbjQuery is not defined
at cb-forgot-login:80
(anonymous) @ cb-forgot-login:80

2 years 5 months ago #326634 by krileon
Looks like you turned CBs jQuery off? Within CB > Configuration > Integrations ensure CBs jQuery is turned on.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn