[SOLVED] [#9131] Joomla 4 Webauthn not available in Communitybuilder

1 year 2 months ago #332956 by krileon
MR is Merge Request. We create an MR, it goes into review, once reviewed it's merged, and once merged we'll release it. A build release should be available tomorrow with this implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332957 by msgdenbosch
Replied by msgdenbosch on topic Joomla 4 Webauthn not available in Communitybuilder
Ok thanks

1 year 2 months ago #332960 by krileon
This is now implemented in latest CB build release. Parameter will be available in frontend profile edit and the button will show in your CB Login Module same as in Joomla's. Again, untested as I do not have a FIDO2 device so am just trusting Joomla's API here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332965 by msgdenbosch
Replied by msgdenbosch on topic Joomla 4 Webauthn not available in Communitybuilder
I have updated to the latest CB version and testen the Webauthn function. It's all working like expected. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 months 3 weeks ago #334600 by fkrauth
Hi,
I hope it is o.k. to answer here although it is marked as solved.

I only see the WebAuthn button in the CB Login Module when I set Advanced Options->Layout to "bootstrap" or "bootstrap-horizontal", not when I set it to "default" or "default-horizontal" in the module settings. Is this by purpose?

Also the WebAuth button appears diffently rendered compared to the login-button. Not sure though if this is a template issue.

Another question: Can I influence, in which order the buttons for Login and WebAuth are shown. I think it is more intuitive to thave the cassic login button directly below username and password. But the WebAuth button appears directly below.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Frank

8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #334610 by krileon

I only see the WebAuthn button in the CB Login Module when I set Advanced Options->Layout to "bootstrap" or "bootstrap-horizontal", not when I set it to "default" or "default-horizontal" in the module settings. Is this by purpose?

Yes. default is the old Joomla 2.x template. Bootstrap is Joomla 3.x/4.x template.

Also the WebAuth button appears diffently rendered compared to the login-button. Not sure though if this is a template issue.

It's entirely styled by Joomla. If you want it restyled you'll need to write the necessary CSS for that.

Another question: Can I influence, in which order the buttons for Login and WebAuth are shown. I think it is more intuitive to thave the cassic login button directly below username and password. But the WebAuth button appears directly below.

Only with what you can do with CSS unless you make a module layout override and change the HTML structure.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn