Login fails due to redirection problem

13 years 3 months ago #148445 by max1
Hi, after updating the CB, my website has developed this strange problem that when I log in I get the "not found" page. When Looking at the url you can see that redirection is wrong because it doubles the url then adds the login bit to the url. See below:

http://localhost/ Bakup/httpdocs/joomla2/Backup/httpdocs/joomla2/index.php/registration/login

instead of

http://localhost/Backup/httpdocs/joomla2/index.php/registration/login

I have tried to change the login redirection in the module but it does not change anything.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem.

Thank you.

Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.3.1

Post edited by: max1, at: 2010/12/11 21:59

Post edited by: max1, at: 2010/12/11 22:00

Post edited by: max1, at: 2010/12/11 22:01

Post edited by: max1, at: 2010/12/11 22:02

Post edited by: max1, at: 2010/12/11 22:03

Post edited by: max1, at: 2010/12/11 22:04

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #148592 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Login fails due to redirection problem
Please check withing configuration.php to ensure the $live_site variable is '' (blank). Please also test with SEF disabled so entire URL structure can be better reviewed. Being localhost we've no way to investigate. Am only able to duplicate if $live_site is populated. Please also provide your login redirect URL. Please test with ONLY index.php as login redirect URL and reconfirm if possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149292 by max1
Thanks for your reply.
I can give you an update on what was happening.
I backed up the entire site, changed variables in configuration.php file as much i could and tried to run it on MAMP. This was to test some updates before doing on live site.
Everything worked apart from that login redirection.
As you said, $live was blank and SEF disabled. I tried the index.php as redirect URL and I tried leaving it empty.
Now something interesting happened, after uploading to the live server everything seemed to work again.

My feeling is that some wrong variables is causing this on local host.

I am currently investigating this, I'll let u know the result.

Thank you

Post edited by: max1, at: 2010/12/22 15:05

13 years 3 months ago #149303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Login fails due to redirection problem

My feeling is that some wrong variables is causing this on local host.

Sounds like some misconfiguration within the localhost for sure. Please do let us know if you find anything so users with similar problems will understand what to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.588 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn