registration with two different type of users

13 years 3 months ago #148567 by hidayatallybanbony
registration with two different type of users was created by hidayatallybanbony
Hi, am new in using Joomla ...
The requirement of my website is that two different kind of user register to it. The first one is registering as an author and will have its own profile. The second one is being registered as a reviewer with another data profile not equivalent to that of an author.

2nd part : After registration the author need to upload a pdf document together with some data, which will be automatically assigned to two reviewer.

Can it be done using CB..???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #148660 by krileon
CB does not currently offer profile types. It's possible to create unique experiences using CBSubs and subscriptions to create profile types as you could protect various aspects of your site and users profiles based on subscription. Alternatively you could just place fields only available to Authors on a tab configured for Authors only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148690 by CrazyCarl
Replied by CrazyCarl on topic Re:registration with two different type of users
Hello, in a similar situation only sightly different. Please move to new thread if appropriate.

Can you make the NEW registration for an "Author" level plan, have different required info than a new "Registered" level plan user?

Also, if I make a field tab like "additional information", visible with mandatory fields AFTER the fact, I can't make changes to existing users who did not have to fill in that info when the fields were not required. Any way around that?

Thanks and hope to get a response on this one.

CC

13 years 3 months ago #148781 by krileon

Can you make the NEW registration for an "Author" level plan, have different required info than a new "Registered" level plan user?

Within CBSubs? Of course, you can select what usergroup has access to say Plan A.

Also, if I make a field tab like "additional information", visible with mandatory fields AFTER the fact, I can't make changes to existing users who did not have to fill in that info when the fields were not required. Any way around that?

No, you can't force users to complete required fields currently. I'm working on a not yet released incubator project called CB Progress that will redirect to profile edit if a user has empty Required fields; don't have a release date, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148792 by CrazyCarl
Replied by CrazyCarl on topic Re:registration with two different type of users
Thanks again. A couple follow up points.

1) My problem is once I make a field mandatory, it's globaly mandatory. I may have new subs coming on who complete their address but previous subs didn't have to.

When I need to edit any info (in the backend) of the user, the newly required fields keep me from saving any changes. I don't have the info so can't make any changes! It would be nice if the backend didn't have the same check for all required fields when saving.

2) I would think repurposing the "Invoice Address" plug would be a good place to start for the redirect and complete project you mentioned. While we're talking about invoice fields...

CC

13 years 3 months ago #148820 by hidayatallybanbony
Replied by hidayatallybanbony on topic Re:registration with two different type of users
from your point view, using cbsubs i can actually register two different kinds of user.
Meaning i can build two different profile for each user!!
Can i get some more details explanation??
Thx a lot

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn