registration with two different type of users

13 years 3 months ago #148844 by krileon

1) My problem is once I make a field mandatory, it's globaly mandatory. I may have new subs coming on who complete their address but previous subs didn't have to.

Right, but you can hide that field by say Plan A so only users not subscribed to Plan A would be required to complete that field. To hide fields in profile edit you'll need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration.

When I need to edit any info (in the backend) of the user, the newly required fields keep me from saving any changes. I don't have the info so can't make any changes! It would be nice if the backend didn't have the same check for all required fields when saving.

Please see CB configuration as it's possible to disable fields validation in backend.

2) I would think repurposing the "Invoice Address" plug would be a good place to start for the redirect and complete project you mentioned. While we're talking about invoice fields...

Invoice Address is managed directly within the purchase, it is not used outside of this and can change on a purchase by purchase basis.

I've no plans in CB Progress to integrate into CBSubs in anyway, as explained in my previous post it will force users to profile edit if they have empty fields that are configured as Required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn