[SOLVED] problem when changing fields

13 years 4 months ago #148729 by startup
[SOLVED] problem when changing fields was created by startup
Hi,

I am experiencing issues when changing (or trying to change) fields via the field management functionality. This happened now on three different hosters, so I think it's not related to them.

I have, for example, a country selector field which I made a drop down prepopulated with a few values. I created this a few weeks back. Now, I want to add some more countries, or correct the spelling of one of them. However, I cannot do so, as I always get the following error message when pressing save or apply.

In the past, I already had to create another field, and repopulate all values by hand. It seems I can then still make changes or additions. But after some time passes, the same thing happens also with this newly created field. I don't know how much time passes until it stops working though.

Another example of behavior like this is when trying to change the expression for input field validation for a field. Choosing a different drop down value results in a very similar error message.

As I am growing a little tired of re-creating db fields cb_country, cb_country2, cb_country3 etc. everytime I need to make a change or add a country, I am hoping someone might recognize this issue and could tell me how to fix this.

Thank you very much!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/23 21:10
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148770 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem when changing fields
Please check within the _comprofiler_fields database. For every row review the Table column. Ensure NONE of the values begin with database prefix (typically jos_). They should all begin with the universal prefix (#__). This typically happens due to older releases of Akeeba or other backup extensions not properly storing databases (latest release of Akeeba has resolved this).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149116 by startup
Replied by startup on topic Re:problem when changing fields
Hi Krileon,

you're right all tables having "jos_" as prefix. How can I change this without risking to kill the whole system?

Regards
Frank

13 years 4 months ago #149126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem when changing fields
startup wrote:

Hi Krileon,

you're right all tables having "jos_" as prefix. How can I change this without risking to kill the whole system?

Regards
Frank

Make a backup of your entire database. Then change all the tables in the Table column of _comprofiler_fields to #__ instead of jos_.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149349 by startup
Replied by startup on topic Re:problem when changing fields
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your advice. This was the trick ;-)
Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers
Frank

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.550 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn