Request Connection link...

13 years 4 months ago #148913 by tthdoc
Request Connection link... was created by tthdoc
I am trying to make my site as efficient as I can and want to know if something is possible. Right now I have a menu item called members which is a Community Builder::Userlist type. If you want to request a connection, you need to go to this list, then click on the member you want to open their profile, then request connection. Is there someway to have a button/link next to each member in the list to just click request from there? I'm sure there is a way to hack the code to put one in, but was hoping for an easier way to do it.

thanks,
Doc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148944 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Request Connection link...
There's no need to hack the code. Simply create a delimiter field within Field Management and add it to your userlist. The contents of the delimiter as follows.

[code:1]
<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&act=connections&task=addConnection&connectionid=[user_id]">Add Connection</a>
[/code:1]

Please note this won't be conditional though. It won't hide if a connection had already been made. For that you'd need to develop something a bit more complex or edit the CB template PHP file and add the code to handle connections directly to the users row.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn