[SOLVED] Image Title ; How to remove it

13 years 4 months ago #149243 by patpat
Hello,
this could be a general post, not really related to CB 1.3.1 specific version.

In the User profile,
how can I get rid of the Image Title displayed on the left hand of the profile Image.

This title takes useful space for nothing. We obviously know the image is the image, no need to put a title.

In the CB tab backend I chose the display option : "raw display without Title" but the Title is still there.

Please have a look a the attached picture or in [removed].

Rationale :
I took advantage of the new "Use new div or old table based views" function of CB 1.3.1. The result is that the image and the user status are superposed because the image title space is quite bigger. So I just wanted to free some sapce in the layout removing the Title of the image tab.

Regards

[MOD EDIT]: removed link for adult content

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/21 21:37

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/22 21:25

Nothing's left for invention.
Keep your ears and eyes wide open !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Image Title ; How to remove it
This is a known issue when using the Tabless (div based) design in CB 1.3, but is fixed with CB 1.3.1. Please re-install to ensure your installation has properly upgraded to CB 1.3.1. Please check within CB Configuration to ensure you're running 1.3.1 after install.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/21 21:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149290 by patpat
Replied by patpat on topic Re:Image Title ; How to remove it
Hi Krileon,

I did everything properly under expert mode (I presume). CB checks are all OK and version displayed by CB in backend is 1.3.1.

Even if it can't be changed (fixed) using Tab backend options, what (where) could be a minimum workaround under php files to isolate this <div> showing picture title ?

I did some php analysis of CB componnent, but it is probably the most complex component I know so far and don't want to insert irreversible errors in the code.

Regards

Elynx

13 years 4 months ago #149295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Image Title ; How to remove it

I did everything properly under expert mode (I presume). CB checks are all OK and version displayed by CB in backend is 1.3.1.

If on Joomla 1.5.x you do not need to perform and expert upgrade. Simply install the component using Joomla extension manager and it will upgrade for you.

Even if it can't be changed (fixed) using Tab backend options, what (where) could be a minimum workaround under php files to isolate this <div> showing picture title ?

Field titles are not based off the tab, but off the field it self. Please disable the fields title display by editing the field in Field Management. If it's the tabs title that is displaying then edit the tab in Tab Management and change its display to raw display without title.

I did some php analysis of CB componnent, but it is probably the most complex component I know so far and don't want to insert irreversible errors in the code.

Please do not make any core modifications. If core changes have been made, please reinstall to remove them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149326 by patpat
Replied by patpat on topic (SOLVED) Re:Image Title ; How to remove it
You're right, i didn't make any change into the core ... too risky :)

Your the man Krileon ...
perfectly right about "not displaying the title" in the FIELD and not in the TAB options in backend !! :laugh:

Quite difficult to see the difference at first sight by the way.

Cheers

Post edited by: patpat, at: 2010/12/22 21:24

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn