Lots of users registering but not activating acco.

13 years 3 months ago #149407 by lmartinLMV
We are a little worried because we've launched a web of a contest in which a lot of people is registering (we're using Community Builder), but a remarkable percentage of them are not validating their user account. We've checked it's mainly happening with people who have an email account in hotmail. With such a big percentage of created but unused user accounts the only thing we can think of is that many activation mails are not arriving.

Is there anything to do on this matter? Maybe hotmail rejects mails if their topic is written in a certain way, or the body...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149523 by krileon
More then likely they're spammers. Spammers typically will never activate their accounts. Have you tested registering with a hotmail account to ensure those addresses are working?

There's nothing domain specific behind the registration emails, so no there's nothing to cause hotmail to reject the emails. Ultimately it is your mail server provided by your host which handles the sending.

It's possible your email could be classified as spam based on content. You can adjust the registration emails however from within CB configuration on the Registration tab (Pending and Welcome emails).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn