Conditional Fields in Profiles - Profile Types?

13 years 3 months ago #149416 by kenlyle
I saw in the forum for prior versions, pretty recently, that conditional fields are not supported in CB at this time.

I searched for 1.3 conditional and found nothing, so am just checking in on this, and am just adding that I have a simple conditional fields use case: clients don't have a company name field, but vendors do.

This is one of those conditional field cases, right?

If so, this would still be a lovely feature to have.

I am using Subs, and have a base plan called Vendor Plan, so is there any way to make the registration form capture a Company Name field? I am using a menu link to the URL where I offer the 4 vendor plans.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149481 by krileon
Currently there are no conditional fields. The only way to achieve safely multiple profile types is to use CBSubs, which allows you to hide fields/tabs, etc.. based on plan select using "Hide fields on registration" feature for plans on the workflows tab of that plan. You'd also need to use the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration to hide those fields on profile.

We have plans to add conditional fields support to CB 2.0, but no sooner (so not anytime soon in CB 1.x).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn