Line breaks removed in user field entry

13 years 3 months ago #149421 by STUCKSHUTTER
Line breaks removed in user field entry was created by STUCKSHUTTER
I've read all the posts on this issue and have tried eveything but I'm still unable to get a simple <br /> to not be removed when I input it in a user field from the user manager.
I'm running 1.3.1 and JCE 1.5.7.6, the latest version.
I've checked and neither JCE nor Joomla have any setting that should strip this out including all groups in JCE and Joomla Article Defaults.

I've cleared cash, closed browsers, everything. Still nada. &#10; and \n are ignored in IE anyway. I have entries that need to have line breaks in them so I have to find a fix for this one.

Can anyone suggest what is causing the problem and a possible fix?

Help is much appreciated.
Best regards,
Stuck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149483 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Line breaks removed in user field entry
Please switch back to default Joomla WYSIWYG and confirm if issue still present. Seams like an issue with JCE, but you did not specify what type of field you're trying to place the linebreak in, it would need to be textarea or textarea editor as others will likely strip HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn