forgot password - mail issue

13 years 3 months ago #149491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:forgot password - mail issue
Seams there is a bad language plugin installed. Switch your entire site to English and remove the 3rd party language files. Then confirm if working fine.

Please review your server error log after duplicating the issue while debug mode and maximum error reporting are configured within Joomla global configuration.

What email mode are you using? PHPMailer, SMTP, etc...? Please also try using CBs Mass Mailer from user management and confirm if working or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149496 by antoinebo
Replied by antoinebo on topic Re:forgot password - mail issue
Appreciate the quick come back

moved everything to English
Using PHP mail
CB mass mail works fine

No dice....

My apologies - not sure where to find Error log - would it be on the default log folder
I dont see an error folder in there
Just access.log with info I am not sure how to read

Thanks

13 years 3 months ago #149506 by antoinebo
Also, what is the best way to revert back to 1.2x since it seems the issue cam about after going 1.3.1
Is there an easy way to do that for me to test it?

Thanks

13 years 3 months ago #149526 by krileon
antoinebo wrote:

Also, what is the best way to revert back to 1.2x since it seems the issue cam about after going 1.3.1
Is there an easy way to do that for me to test it?

Thanks

There's no way to safely downgrade. You'd need to completely uninstall CB and reinstall an older release. I do not recommend doing this as it is not a resolution to the issue. Something else is clearly conflicting as if Mass Mailer is working then so should the forgot login email.

Please do the following in the order specified.
  1. switch to default Joomla template rhuk_milkyway
  2. Enable Debug Mode in Joomla global configuration
  3. set Error Reporting to maximum in Joomla global configuration
  4. Attempt to use forgot login to recover username and/or password

Please review the on-screen message after the redirect. If your template is missing the Message tag then the message won't display thus test in Joomla default template. Once done also review your server error log for any error in relation to the time of the forgot login attempt. If you do not know how or where then please contact your host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149536 by antoinebo
No onscreen message after the redirect - just sends me back to Login page

thanks for your tenacity on this one

Looking through log - what kind of red flag should I be looking for?

13 years 3 months ago #149569 by krileon

No onscreen message after the redirect - just sends me back to Login page

This doesn't seam likely. A message is always provided and you are sent to the "done" or "home" page. Again, please ensure you're using default Joomla (unmodified!) template during your tests.

Looking through log - what kind of red flag should I be looking for?

Anything at the time of the forgot login attempt.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn