how to do this

13 years 3 months ago #149520 by blaatz0r
how to do this was created by blaatz0r
Hi there,

Im new to CB and I just installed CB on a fresh installtion and its working like a charm. Also liking the plugins like forums and private messages etc...

The thing is I want to make a ladder/tournament website for a online game. Now after ive setup CB to get ppl to sign up and do all the log in things and change their profile etc im wondering how i should start building a online ladder website.

I got the following questions:
- Should I make this a CB plugin will that even be a advantage?
- Should i make a new Module that communicates with CB to manage user results/scores/rank/points etc.. ?
- what would be the best way of doing this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149529 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to do this
CB doesn't provide such a feature, sorry. You'll need to find or develop a 3rd party extension to provide such a feature. I recommend searching Joomla.org extension directory for something to provide your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150050 by blaatz0r
Replied by blaatz0r on topic Re:how to do this
krileon wrote:

CB doesn't provide such a feature, sorry. You'll need to find or develop a 3rd party extension to provide such a feature. I recommend searching Joomla.org extension directory for something to provide your needs.

I'm sorry I probably didnt explain myself right.

I've been developing my own module to manage some sort of competition/ladder for a online game. Now i want to integrate CB to use all its features like profile/PM/Forum stuff like that.

What i want to do is make some sort of link between my user table and the CB user table. In my user table i have additional fields for scoring/ranking etc... I want to be able to display those fields on a user profile page. Is this possible or are there plugins that can do this?

Post edited by: blaatz0r, at: 2011/01/04 14:53

13 years 3 months ago #150093 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to do this

Is this possible or are there plugins that can do this?

Not that I am aware, but one could be made to do so assuming the user_id stored in your database matches the ID in _users so it will also match the id/user_id in _comprofiler. Otherwise without that unique identifier it'd be difficult to link what to the who.

I recommend reviewing existing plugins for examples on how to structure a new one. Other development information can be found within Tutorials in my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds