Creating groups at the same level!

13 years 3 months ago #149588 by Boizan
Creating groups at the same level! was created by Boizan
Hello There,

I would like to create four different groups or category of users, but they all have the same level of access. The only difference among them will be that in the user menu the menu items available to each group will be different. Let’s say I would like to have four groups of authors (A, B, C and D) and when members of each group are login in they will find in their user menu specific menu items for them only.
Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149604 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Creating groups at the same level!
Only way to accomplish this is to use CBSubs to protection various menus and have each "type" of user subscribe to a plan relevant to their type. As far as I am aware there are no other alternatives aside from say setting users to Registered, Author, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149609 by Boizan
Replied by Boizan on topic Re:Creating groups at the same level!
Hello,
Thank you for your reply. Someone in Joomla's forum suggested me JUGA, nevertheless I would prefer CBSubs but I checked out its requirements and my server (Godaddy) does not satisfy all of them.
If I would use the groups (author, editor,…) as they are by default in Joomla I would not be able to set different options to the same group, for example, Author (all authors would have access to the same menu items, yes?)
Regards

13 years 3 months ago #149622 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Creating groups at the same level!
Boizan wrote:

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. Someone in Joomla's forum suggested me JUGA, nevertheless I would prefer CBSubs but I checked out its requirements and my server (Godaddy) does not satisfy all of them.
If I would use the groups (author, editor,…) as they are by default in Joomla I would not be able to set different options to the same group, for example, Author (all authors would have access to the same menu items, yes?)
Regards

Which requirement is not satisfied?

13 years 3 months ago #149806 by Boizan
Replied by Boizan on topic Re:Creating groups at the same level!
Thank you again. I asked this question to Godaddy a few months ago and the answer was negative. Now as you ask me about the requirement not met by my account, I decided to ask again the question to Godaddy because they keep making improvement to their service. So now this is the answer: “Thank you for contacting Online Support. After carefully reviewing the requirements your current shared hosting account does meet the requirements. Please follow the instructions below for installing IonCube. By default, ionCube support is not enabled on our Linux hosting accounts, but you can enable it.” They added instructions to install IonCube and Zend Optimizer which are a bit cumbersome. But I will do it soon. Thank you for your support.
Regards,

13 years 3 months ago #149967 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Creating groups at the same level!
IonCube is a relatively painless installation (package also comes with a tester). Once done and if your host meets the other requirements you should have no problems running CBSubs. At any rate we do provide a 30 day money back guarantee so if not successful/satisfied you are welcome to request a refund if necessary. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn