I have a question.

13 years 3 months ago #149662 by Juggalo1986
I have a question. was created by Juggalo1986
I have just downloaded and configured CB for my site. I made a "user list" and saved it. When I click the link on the main menu on my site, it does not show the list / columns I made in that list. It just says "Strength in Numbers has 9 registered users". Why is this? I was hoping for an actual list and I though that is what I was doing when I made the columns.... www.clansin.org

Edited: Also, Sorry I forgot, but the fields I added to the user profile area. Does not show up when you go to edit them. They are blocked off or something. No scroll or anything is there, it just shows half of the list.

Post edited by: Juggalo1986, at: 2010/12/29 19:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149674 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I have a question.
Best I can suggest is becoming a documentation subscriber for the documentation to assist in your CB configuration. Userlists are pretty straight forward. You need to have users available, you need to ensure the appropriate userlists are configured to display, you need to have fields on that list in enabled columns. Please keep in mind Field permission is the same as Tab permission so if Field A is on Tab A and Tab A is NOT published then Field A will not show.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149686 by Juggalo1986
Replied by Juggalo1986 on topic Re:I have a question.
Thank you, that helped alot, but one other question. My "created" fields are not giving me the chance to type in them once I hit the "edit" in my profile. Also, there is no easy way to scroll down in the edit profile area, I have to hit "tab" constantly, and that is not easy for my users.?

13 years 3 months ago #149691 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:I have a question.
Juggalo1986 wrote:

Thank you, that helped alot, but one other question. My "created" fields are not giving me the chance to type in them once I hit the "edit" in my profile. Also, there is no easy way to scroll down in the edit profile area, I have to hit "tab" constantly, and that is not easy for my users.?

Sounds like your created fields are read only.

13 years 3 months ago #149728 by Juggalo1986
Replied by Juggalo1986 on topic Re:I have a question.
one last thing. how would I add more things such as a "photo gallery" for each profile? "for each user" in their profile?

13 years 3 months ago #149730 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:I have a question.
Juggalo1986 wrote:

one last thing. how would I add more things such as a "photo gallery" for each profile? "for each user" in their profile?

Documentation Subscribers get to download extra plugins, one of which is the profile gallery plugin.

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/2542/37/

Subscribe now before price increase takes place.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.226 seconds