[#2167] Plugin installation issue

13 years 3 months ago #149881 by KatoKalin
[#2167] Plugin installation issue was created by KatoKalin
I came across following issue:

For installing a CB plugin there are 3 different options in the plugin manager.

The value for "installing from directory" is prefilled with this value: joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/ which I consider a bad choice. Some /tmp folder as prefilled default value would certainly be better.

But it gets really weird if you accidently hit the install button next to it. Then CB tries to install something although there is no zip or xml file in that directory.

It finally ends with an error message:

Install new plugin from directory /joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/ - Failed

joomlacomponentscom_comprofilerplugindefault_language.php does not exist!

After that the installation is completely broken. (I beleive language files missing). All language strings are plainly visible in the backend with tons of error messages like: Notice: Use of undefined constant _UE_NO_PREFERENCE - assumed '_UE_NO_PREFERENCE' in joomlacomponentscom_comprofilerpluginuserplug_cbcorecb.core.php on line 2267 Notice: Use of undefined constant _UE_HAS_PROFILE_IMAGE - assumed '_UE_HAS_PROFILE_IMAGE' in joomlacomponentscom_comprofilerpluginuserplug_cbcorecb.core.php on line 2268

I believe this is something that should be taken care of. If it easy to accidently hit this button and when the installation is broken after that, it can go very very bad.

[MOD EDIT]: edited for clarity.. please use linebreaks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/03 18:01

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/03 18:06

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149946 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin installation issue
Have created a bug ticket to have your issue addressed. Seams to be a problem with the installer library and causes the language plugin to be uninstalled. For the time being I don't recommend un-necessarily clicking the install from directory button. To resolve your issue you'll need to re-install CB (if on Joomla 1.5.x just install as if a new installation and it will auto-upgrade).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2167

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn