I can't sign in

13 years 3 months ago #149888 by semco
I can't sign in was created by semco
I installed joomla and CB site and I can't log in. I was able only once to be in the admin page.
On my front page I had a message which was about cookies. I tried to fix this problem but after that i was not able to log into the admin panel.
I'm signing in with the right password but its not entering the admin page ,or user log(no message).
If I sign in with the wrong password, it is telling me the password is incorrect. That means my password is correct.
It is cookies problem. How will I fix this problem?

Thanks.

Happy New Year 2011

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149924 by empy
Replied by empy on topic Re:I can't sign in
Hi,

I don't know what's causing this, and I'm not really an expert. But I have seen a similar situation with one of my users on pure Joomla 1.5.21 (no CB installed in that environment).

No user ID worked from that machine and it turned out to be something spooky with the cookies or data in the cache. The login started working after cleaning all the cookies and cache data from the browser.

Your problem could maybe be something similar?

Mike

13 years 3 months ago #149960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I can't sign in
If you're having problems logging into the admin error then is certainly unrelated to CB. I recommend posting on Joomla.orgs forums, something wrong with your browser or hosting environment. Try purging all your browsers cookies and attempt to login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149975 by semco
Replied by semco on topic Re:I can't sign in
This problem started when I disabled the original joomla log in.

I cleaned my cookies and I also tried using another computer to sign in but none of those worked. I re-installed my website a few times and the same problem seems to occur over and over again.
After the re-installation of my website, it would allow me to enter my admin but after installing the CB and logging out after the first time, it's no longer letting me enter my admin. I did post on joomla and they keep asking what installation I did after installing joomla. That means your CB might be causing the problem.
I do not have error message page ,
seomax.ca/index.php
try test and 1234567
you will see error message

Thanks

Post edited by: semco, at: 2011/01/03 19:47

Post edited by: semco, at: 2011/01/03 20:37

13 years 3 months ago #149993 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I can't sign in
Don't know what to tell you. CB is working perfectly fine for hundreds of thousands of users, if there was a problem then we'd of been aware of it long before release by our testers.

Something you've configured, your host, or something installed is causing an issue. Disabling Joomla registration and it's login module won't lock you out of backend (admin page) as you stated.

If you can't login then this generally means your users are not synchronized, please run CB Tools. You're a documentation subscriber, for step by step instructions please read carefully the documentation you purchased.

Please review help us help you within my signature for proper debug steps. More information concerning your installation and environment is needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149998 by semco
Replied by semco on topic Re:I can't sign in
I can't sign in admin.That my main problem.
thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds