New Registration does not work

13 years 2 months ago #149940 by tamss13
New Registration does not work was created by tamss13
Something happen to where users can not register. When they click on Register it takes them to the registration page, but there is nothing to fill out. they can not register.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #149962 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:New Registration does not work
tamss13 wrote:

Something happen to where users can not register. When they click on Register it takes them to the registration page, but there is nothing to fill out. they can not register.

Field display is based off tab permissions. If Field A is on Tab B and Tab B is configured to Registered instead of Public then Field A will NOT be visible on Registration. Please check your tab permissions. A screenshot or link of your issue would also be more helpful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #149984 by tamss13
Replied by tamss13 on topic Re:New Registration does not work
I attached a copy of what it looks like when I try to register. I do not know what is wrong. I looked at the tabs they look ok.

Post edited by: tamss13, at: 2011/01/03 20:23

Post edited by: tamss13, at: 2011/01/03 20:25
Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #149995 by krileon

I attached a copy of what it looks like when I try to register.

Don't see an attachment.

I do not know what is wrong.

No one does, debug your own installation; this is a critical step to developing a website, debugging it. Debug steps can be found within help us help you in my signature.

I looked at the tabs they look ok.

That's not very descriptive. Is the tab your fields on Published? Is that tab set to Everybody? Do you have a published and public Joomla CB menu link as instructed in the installation documentation, the readme files, and backend Tools?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #150000 by tamss13
Replied by tamss13 on topic Re:New Registration does not work
Thanks Krileon for your help,

I been trouble shooting for two days now. The CB was working fine no problems. until yesterday.

Today I went ahead and up-graded to see if that would fix it.....did not work.

the site is www.ntxfalcons.com a youth football site.

I think I been hecked somehow.

If anyone has had this issue let me know. I am going to uninstall all of CB and try to reinstall to see if that works.

I do not see a tab for CB_login. none of my other sites firesports.org has CB_login tab....a module, but not tab

the pic is too large and I do not have the tools here to resize the pic.

When I click on register it goes to the registration page, but does not have ability type anything in. It shows the place to type, but can not type.

Post edited by: tamss13, at: 2011/01/03 22:14

13 years 2 months ago #150046 by krileon
Right, have reviewed your site. The issue is tabs permissions. You need to have the permissions of your tabs set correctly and ensure you have fields on those tabs that are set to display at registration. Please see Field Management and ensure you've the username, password, email, etc.. fields set to display at registration (this is the case in a default install).

Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn