[SOLVED] is cbsecuritym3 hotlinking protection on lists?

13 years 2 months ago #150104 by Joe028
Didn't notice this until after I upgraded, but I'm not sure if it is a result of the upgrade or not.

When I do a search of a userlist the parameter cbsecuritym3 is passed in the url and it is causing a problem because I want to create some links to some search result pages.

Whether I check the hotlink protection or not for that list, the cbsecuritym3 parameter is still there.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/05 15:54

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #150148 by krileon
It's supposed to be there so the userlist passes hotlink protection checking when using the userlist changer (the drop-down in the top right). The string is not validated if hotlink protection is off. It also allows validation in cases of pagination being used, etc... It's necessary to be there.

How is this causing problems for you? Direct links can be seen when editing the userlist in Userlist Management. You can also make directly links by creating a Joomla menu to the userlist.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/05 15:28

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #150157 by Joe028
Ok perfect, I think I got it now. The reason it mattered to me is that I have my .htaccess file rewriting a search result url for a specific state to something like: /bartenders/ohio.html. When I put the cbsecuritym3 parameter in the htaccess file it was not working.

Per your advice that it will be ignored if hotlinking protection is off I changed my .htaccess rewrite rule and completely removed the cbsecuritym3 parameter and it seems to work fine.

Just never noticed it before and you can see (if you do a search by state) how that cbsecuritym3 parameter is not there on my un-updated site: wwwDOTbartendmypartyDOTcom/hire-bartenders.html.

On my upgraded site (test site) you can run a search and that cbsecuritym3 parameter is there: wwwDOTthedailyexpertDOTcom/hire-bartenders.html.

So long story short I remove the parameter from my link and CB ignores that it is not there as long as hotlinking protection is off. Sorry for the length of my post, thank you for your reply.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn