Registration Issues

5 years 3 months ago #309362 by danielwhite
Registration Issues was created by danielwhite
Hi,

I am having a few issues with registering new users. Firstly I was having an error where new registrants couldn't even get passed the sign up, after they had filled in their details when they clicked the sign up button they were taken to an error page. After a lot of messing around, I finally realised it was the antispam plugin causing the issues. I currently have set it to unpublished to see if everything else works, I'm not sure what part of the antispam doesn't work without further testing, so any info on this would be a great help.

However now after registration no confirmation email seems to be sent out, I have checked all joomla email settings, (using phpmail) and test emails work from there, I have even tried the reconfirmation email and test email through community builder, but I have received no emails through from either of them.

These issues have only really started occurring since updating to the latest community builder, I hadn't change any settings on the site prior to updates and now since then registration has just not been working, without disabling antispam etc.

I was also wondering if there was a way to add a button for "resend email" to the sign up complete page.

Thanks,

Dan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Issues
What version of CB did you update from? If it was from CB 1.x that's a large migration. Test emails are sending to users by using the Mass Mailer button in CB > User Management after selecting a test user with an external email address (e.g. gmail). If it doesn't send then emails are not sending from CB at all.

Note updating CB with largely out of date CB plugins will likely cause issues. The API improves and changes over the course of CBs development. There is no guarantee older CB plugins will continue to function on latest CB and as you've no recent download history I can only assume you're using CB 1.x plugins which are not compatible with CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309385 by danielwhite
Replied by danielwhite on topic Registration Issues
Annoyingly, I can't quite remember which version we updated from, we are running 2.3.0 now, all the plugins we are running are the 2.3.0 versions, the only one that isn't is antispam which is the 3.1.0+ build, I assume from what you are saying that this may be the issue with Antispam. With regards to the emails, I have run test-mass emails through community builder and I have had none sent through. Is there any particular plugin or setting I should be looking at for this.

Thanks,

Dan.

5 years 3 months ago #309391 by krileon
You'll need to carefully review your mailer configuration within Joomlas global configuration. If using SMTP keep in mind Joomla will fall through to phpmailer if there's a problem. CB will not and will simply fail. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry. It should output an errors encountered in the mailer. If it doesn't and still goes through as if sent successfully it's probably an issue with your mail server it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309654 by danielwhite
Replied by danielwhite on topic Registration Issues
Hi, I wanted to do a revisit to the problem I have been having regarding registration issues in community builder.

Following the errors I have been getting from having an old version of the antispam plugin, I decided it would be a good idea to purchase the latest version of the plugin, however after purchase and upload I have re-published the plugin, but I am still getting an error occuring when anyone goes to register on the site, as soon as you click sign up (after filling in your details) you get taken to an error page. I have then disabled the plugin again and this problem disappears.

I am a bit frustrated as I have purchased the latest version of the plugin assuming it would fix any compatability issues after the community builder update as a whole, but it is still causing the same issue.

I am also still having issues where no emails are being sent through on sign up meaning the user cannot confirm emails. I have gone through the settings many times and have everything set correct but still community builder does not send an email, I have put debugging on and no error message appears.

I would really appreciate help in solving both these issues.

Thanks,

5 years 3 months ago #309662 by krileon
You need to provide the errors you're seeing. I can't suggest anything based off you just having errors. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration, retry, then provide the errors that you're seeing.

Your emails not sending is basically guaranteed to be entirely due to mailer configuration. Verify it's correct in Joomla global configuration then try sending test emails from CB > User Management using the mass mailer button.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn