How to enable new private messages in CB

5 years 3 months ago #309423 by testeuse
Hi,

I looked everywhere and can't find how to enable the new private messages system in CB.

I have removed uddeim and can't find any plugin or parameters to choose... Can you please help me?

No documentation also :(

Thank you for your help.

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309435 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to enable new private messages in CB
Ensure CB is completely up to date with the latest build. Then within CB > Plugin Management edit the Private Message System plugin. Under the Parameters tab you can change whether it uses UddeIM or the new Internal model.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309445 by testeuse
Replied by testeuse on topic How to enable new private messages in CB
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I have delete uddeim already but i can't find where there is a new private message system.

I can see in plugin the "private message system" for pms.mypmspro is it that?

I just removed cb to install last version and i can't anymore...

I have this message :
Alerte
Too many keys specified; max 64 keys allowed

So now, i don't have the component anymore and can't install it...

Can you please help me?

Regards
Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #309449 by krileon

I can see in plugin the "private message system" for pms.mypmspro is it that?

Yes, but you need latest CB for the new internal model.

I just removed cb to install last version and i can't anymore...

Why did you remove CB? You never have to uninstall to update. Simply install over your existing.

Too many keys specified; max 64 keys allowed

Sounds like you've hit database index limit somehow. Edit _comprofiler within phpmyadmin and remove all the indexes. No idea how you could've hit that limit though as we only create around 5 keys with around 10 more from plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309460 by lemur
Replied by lemur on topic How to enable new private messages in CB

krileon wrote: Ensure CB is completely up to date with the latest build. Then within CB > Plugin Management edit the Private Message System plugin. Under the Parameters tab you can change whether it uses UddeIM or the new Internal model.

Hi,
I turned on the CB-PMS. It works, thanks.

Questions.
1) In uddeim there is a convenient feature - immediate notification of a new message - a flashing small envelope.
Is there such in CB-PMS and if, how can it be included.
If not, is it possible to show an envelope with the number of messages, that is displayed in the profile, next to the PMS menu item?
Need I really go to profile, to learn, if I have got a message?

2) And another question - the tab PMS does not show in profile, although I gave it the same parameters, that, for example, forum-tab.

Thank you.

5 years 3 months ago #309470 by krileon

1) In uddeim there is a convenient feature - immediate notification of a new message - a flashing small envelope.

The notification that you can enable for display in the CB Login Module or CB Workflows Module will work fine with the Internal model.

2) And another question - the tab PMS does not show in profile, although I gave it the same parameters, that, for example, forum-tab.

There is no tab for displaying your private messages. The only tab provided is the one for Quick Messages. Click the envelope icon on your profile at the top on the CB Menu tab to view your messages directly on your profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemur

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn