How to enable new private messages in CB

5 years 3 months ago #309474 by lemur
Replied by lemur on topic How to enable new private messages in CB
Hi!

Let me offer you a simple solution that doesn't require an envelope.

It is enough to make the PMS - menu item flashing, if the message came.

It seems, in this case, it is enough to change only 1 option in the css file.

Happy NY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309672 by testeuse
Replied by testeuse on topic How to enable new private messages in CB

Too many keys specified; max 64 keys allowed
Sounds like you've hit database index limit somehow. Edit _comprofiler within phpmyadmin and remove all the indexes. No idea how you could've hit that limit though as we only create around 5 keys with around 10 more from plugins.

Thank you for your answer but i just can't find how to remove indexes from the table...

Is there a special querry to do? Or should i dod something manually?
Please can you be more precise of how i can make this ?

Thank you for your help.

regards

5 years 3 months ago #309686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to enable new private messages in CB
Use phpmyadmin and navigate to the _comprofiler table. Click Structure at the top to view the table structure. Now simply scroll down to Indexes at the bottom and delete them. Once done reinstall CB. I've no idea what could've created so many indexes to hit the index limit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309824 by testeuse
Replied by testeuse on topic How to enable new private messages in CB
Thank you Krileon for the detailed answer, i am doing it right now. I have 2 questions please :

1- should i also delete the primary index?

2- Should i remove all the indexes or only a few ones?

3- WIll they be recreate after or maybe there are not important?

Thank you again for your answer.
Regards

Here is a little bit of the list of indexes, is it because i had a lot of custom fields in profiles?

Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #309832 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to enable new private messages in CB

1- should i also delete the primary index?

No.

2- Should i remove all the indexes or only a few ones?

All except primary.

3- WIll they be recreate after or maybe there are not important?

The ones that should exist will recreate on install.

Here is a little bit of the list of indexes, is it because i had a lot of custom fields in profiles?

No, creating a field does not create an index. I've no idea why you've an index for every column, but it is most certainly not correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn