password reminder / username reminder / registration email delay

5 years 2 months ago #310376 by buzibuzi
Hi,
on normal Joomla email functionality works fast.
but...
password/user reminder, registration emails after payment complete
take a long time to receive, sometimes a few hours.
what mailing system is being used ? is it activated by a cronjob or some other trigger ?
what could be the cause of this delay ?
can anything be done to optimize this ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310393 by krileon
CB has no functionality to delay emails. Your mail server would be the one delaying the emails. You'll need to talk with your host to see why that is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310395 by buzibuzi
Any idea what could cause emails coming from CB to be delayed ? its kind of strange that only those emails get delayed.
does CB use joomla php mailer ?

5 years 2 months ago #310397 by krileon
CB uses whatever mailer you configure in Joomla global configuration. CB has no functionality to delay emails. Once an email is triggered it is sent to your mail server immediately. Your mail server would be the one delaying sending of the emails for whatever reason and you'll need to talk with your host regarding that to figure out what's going on. It could be as simple as a spam protection in their mailer requiring you to make your emails more unique.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310398 by buzibuzi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn