List layout

5 years 1 month ago #310399 by tonux
List layout was created by tonux
Hello,

In a list of registered users created in Community Builder, I would like to display the postal code and the city together by concatenating the fields cb_codepostal and cb_ville.
Unfortunately, I can't find any information on this subject in the CB documentation.
Does anyone have a solution to propose?

Thank you.
GT

Joomla! 3.9.1 on a local server - Community Builder 2.3.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310404 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic List layout
You can use a Custom HTML field then substitute those fields together. See the below substitution tutorial for usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #310406 by tonux
Replied by tonux on topic List layout
Thank you krileon for that answer. I have already read this tutorial which is a little too technical for me. So, can you explain to me in concrete terms how to achieve the result I am looking for ? In the attached example, I just want to add the cb_codepostal field in front of the cb_ville field. But I don't know the exact syntax.

Regards.
Gérard

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #310408 by krileon
You need to create a Custom HTML field in CB > Field Management then substitute those 2 fields together (e.g. [cb_addresse] [cb_ville]). This will display them as a single field. Then add that Custom HTML field to your userlist for the desired result. Your alternative is to edit 1 of those fields in CB > Field Management and under Parameters > Layout do basically the same thing using the userlist value layout parameter (e.g. [value] [cb_ville]).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #310411 by tonux
Replied by tonux on topic List layout
Thank you, krileon. I opted for the second method, which gives the expected result.

Another question: I would like a particular list to appear at the top of the list selection box. Even if you define it as the default list and place it first in the list order, another list appears by default. How can this be corrected ?

Gérard

5 years 1 month ago #310430 by krileon
The dropdown list is always sorted by their order within CB > List Management. There's no order ordering behavior applied. It will filter out lists the viewing user doesn't have access too via the view access level of the usergroup and it won't display lists in the dropdown if you've configured that list to not display in it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds