[SOLVED] Errors in registration and update in front end

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310466 by clend
I use CB 2.4.0, and now it is impossible to:
- sign up for a new member (he can prepare all the lines of the form, but not register it),
- modify his profile for an old member (he can prepare all the lines of the form, but not register it).
An error message comes always the same like:

--> La session a expiré ou les cookies ne sont pas activés par votre navigateur. Veuillez cliquer sur "Actualiser" et vous assurer d'avoir bien activé les cookies dans votre navigateur. Veuillez rafraîchir la page avant de saisir.

ps: I'm french. In english read "The session has expired or cookies are not enabled by your browser. Please click on "Refresh" and make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser. Please refresh the page before entering."

But, even I apply all these rules, the error is permanent. I use the Firefox navigator with the last version. And it's the same bad result with Chromium.

Did I miss an update or a special new plugin ?
Thanks for your help !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310499 by krileon
Either something is caching the registration form or something is breaking the cookie. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue persists. If it does turn off and clear Joomla cache then retry. If issue still persists see if you've installed any extensions that may mess with cookies (e.g. some of the EU cookie notice extensions break cookie storage).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310509 by clend
Thanks Kile for your help.
I tried all that you wrote, but without none change: the issue still persists !
Please, what have I to do with the CB parameters in order to do nothing about these cookies ?
Greetings.

5 years 2 months ago #310526 by krileon
This doesn't just break out of the box. Something was installed resulting in it breaking. Review what you've installed and unpublish extensions as needed then retry. Typically 3rd party system extensions or extensions that alter cookies could cause this. Ensure live_site in configuration.php is also set to '' (empty) as you may have domain matching issues in the cookie. You can try disabling spoof checking in CB > Configuration > Integrations, but it is not recommended to do so.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310528 by clend
Oh, thank you very much, Kile.
You just saw right about the "configuration.php" file on my site: the "live_site" parameter contained the url of my site !
Now, all is returned fine.
Happy week-end for you.
Greetings
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.143 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn