linking menu item to joomla registration form

5 years 2 months ago #310507 by JSizzle
We're using Joomla version, 3.9.2 and Community Builder version 2.4.0

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I'm very new to Joomla.

2 different groups of people will register on our site. We want 2 different registration forms, so that we can say "Click here to register as group A" and "Click here to register as group B".

I've seen forum posts saying that this is not possible as the 2 databases will be out of sync. However I have also spoken directly with a Joomla developer who believes this should be possible.

We want to use CB registration page for group A and Joomla registration page for group B.

We have set up a menu item for "Click here to register as group A" and have linked it to CB registration page. The CB fields appear here.

We have set up second menu item for "Click here to register as group B" and have tried to link this to the Joomla registration page. We have gone Menu > Menu Top > we created a new menu item > Menu Item Type > and set the menu item type to Registration Form.

But now when we go to front end, instead of showing a registration form in this Menu item, it shows a login form.

Any ideas welcome - thanks for your time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310525 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic linking menu item to joomla registration form
That will not work. Registering through Joomla will not create the user in CB. Your database will be out of sync.

To have two registration forms like that you'll need CB Conditional so you can condition tabs/fields based off another field (e.g. a select field for them to select their type). Aside from that you can look into CB Profile Pro (3rd party extension) which might be able to provide what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn