Activation link in admin mail after registration confirmation user

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312246 by TheoSp
In core Joomla when user confirms registration Admin is receiving an approval mail with an activation link.
But CB does not display an activation link.
How canI add that feature? It should be added to 'UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG'

Thanks, Theo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312278 by krileon
The email to admins doesn't include a link. User approval is done from the user approval page. Typically is accessed from your CB Workflows Module. You can add a link to the email using language overrides and modifying the email to have a link if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312288 by TheoSp
Thanks for replying.
I don't know about an user approval page, I just approve the user in the user administration.
The advantage of having an activationlink in the approval mail is that I don't need to use the system where you first need to open screens, sort by register date and find the user etc, in short far more steps to activate.
So it's possible to add a link, but what code should I add to the 'UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG' override?

4 years 10 months ago #312297 by krileon
Typically you can and should just approve users from frontend, which is quicker than needing to navigate backend. A link to reach user approval will be output by the CB Workflows Module. It can also be accessed with a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Moderate User Approvals. The link to directly access frontend user approval is as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pendingapprovaluser

You can add the link to the language string if you like, but you will still have to be logged in of course.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn