Can't restore website - anyone know what file fsg899b2.txt is?

4 years 11 months ago #312349 by autobahn
I know that this is not really a CB question but I can't restore my site with Kickstart due to this file's presence; someone might just have relevant information. I really don't want to do the latest updates without knowing that the backup will work.

Does anyone know what the file fsg899b2.txt is and if it is needed? It's in the root of my Joomla! 3.9/CB 2.4.1/CBSubs 4.3.0+ site, but has length 0 and is empty. It gets included in the Akeeba backup .jpa file but I don't think Kickstart can handle an empty file because it aborts when the extract tries to process it.

I can't restore my site because of this, and I suppose I really want to know if I can delete it so that Kickstart will run. I've Googled the file name, but got no results at all.

Before anyone suggests I use Akeeba Extract Wizard instead of Kickstart it's no longer available/supported :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312361 by krileon
I suggest contacting Akeeba and asking them as I've no clue how any of their products work or why it's generating such a file. I'm not a fan of backup extensions. I prefer to just do a proper scheduled backup using my server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

4 years 11 months ago #312365 by autobahn
Thank you for taking the time to reply. After quite a lot of research I don't think its an Akeeba file at all - it hasn't been modified at all since before we installed Joomla, and I suppose I was hoping someone would recognise the file name. I managed to extract the archive file to my localhost and renamed this empty file before I restored the website locally without any problems, and so far nothing has broken. I will tell Akeeba that Kickstart doesn't seem to be able to handle empty files though.

I don't know how to do a proper scheduled backup using my server - time to learn methinks.

4 years 11 months ago #312366 by krileon
If the file isn't a part of Akeeba and it for sure isn't a part of Joomla I'd just delete it entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312377 by autobahn
I'm going to make sure I keep a copy of the file locally, then delete it from the live site. I'll keep an eye of the live site and see if something breaks or if the file disappears. We've used Joomla!, CB, CBSubs and Kunena to replace our previous sytem so I suspect this is a legacy file.

Your advice is much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn