No approval option for Moderator

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312554 by TheoSp
No approval option for Moderator was created by TheoSp
Hello,

In general configuration I have granted Moderator the right permission level and set 'approval users by moderators' to Yes.
When I choose a not approved user at the userlist I made, which is only access-permitted to the level of the moderator, I see at the profile of the chosen user under option 'Moderate' no option approve.
Should I find the option there or is not possible in the profile screen to approve?

Next question is at List screen - Parameters - Display I set all display options to Yes.
Nevertheless in the search lists I see none of these option (like 'not approved', 'banned' etc) displayed next to the userfield values.
How can this be?

Theo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312585 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic No approval option for Moderator
Users approval is done from the user approval page. You can create a Joomla menu item to it or use the CB Workflows module which will display a link to it when there are users pending approval.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312587 by TheoSp
Replied by TheoSp on topic No approval option for Moderator
Thank you.
Would be easier and also logical that a moderator finds an approve item under the 'Moderate-tab' of the profile.
So its not possible to approve a user from within the user-list?
Would be nice if you can choose the field 'approved' in the development of a list and where you can approve a box-checked user directly.
And by the way: was my next question about the absence of that kind of fields in the list while setting them in the displaysettings to Yes.

Theo

4 years 10 months ago #312588 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic No approval option for Moderator

So its not possible to approve a user from within the user-list?

No, there's a page specifically for handling approval.

Would be nice if you can choose the field 'approved' in the development of a list and where you can approve a box-checked user directly.
And by the way: was my next question about the absence of that kind of fields in the list while setting them in the displaysettings to Yes.

They're not available in frontend because they're backend management only fields. They exist as part of the backend output of the "params" field. There's no plans at this time to make them available on frontend as I said there's a frontend page dedicated to user approval. This may change in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn