Community Builder is Logging the wrong IP

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313201 by dsflyerds
I've noticed over the past few weeks that Community builder has not been logging the IP of the user but the ip of my webhost. Any idea why this might be happening? I'm seeing this on the user back end user edit page as well as my CB Anti-Spam Logs

Joomla Version 3.9.8
CB Version 2.4.2
PHP Version 5.6.40
MySQL version 5.6.41-84.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313220 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder is Logging the wrong IP
Sounds like something on your site or server is altering REMOTE_ADDR or HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR. We only use the first ip address found. The exception is the registeripaddr column in _comprofiler, which will log the full ip address path.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314490 by dsflyerds
Replied by dsflyerds on topic Community Builder is Logging the wrong IP
I contacted the support team for my webhost and they confirmed that there is no issue on their end. And that the remote IP address is accessing the session fine. Is there anything that can be done on CB's end?

4 years 6 months ago #314505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder is Logging the wrong IP
Then something installed could be altering it. Again we pull the IP Address directly from REMOTE_ADDR or HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR. There's no reason for them to be wrong unless the user viewing your site is deliberately trying to spoof that data (of which they can using proxy settings), something installed is altering the values for whatever reason, or your server is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn