Check text box content

4 years 6 months ago #314294 by XBOOMX
Check text box content was created by XBOOMX
Hi,
I have a normal text field in the user profiles. It is not a mandatory field. Users can describe this field during profile editing, tell something about themselves. But I would like the written content to be checked and allowed by a moderator. Similar to when one uploads a profile picture and this must be allowed. How can I implement this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314297 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Check text box content
There's no moderation functionality for text fields. Only way to do that at this time is to basically string a bunch of plugin usages together. For example a checkbox that's only visible to moderators. That checkbox determines if the field should display or not via CB Conditional. Next you'd need CB Auto Actions to reset the checkbox to unchecked anytime that text field changes. Then use CB Auto Actions to email moderators when it does change. This would accomplish moderation to an extent for fields that don't support it. Eventually we'd like to have moderation support for every field type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XBOOMX

4 years 6 months ago #314298 by XBOOMX
Replied by XBOOMX on topic Check text box content
I understood the direction, thank you.
Thomas

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn