Super user profile is public

4 years 5 months ago #314581 by titolin
Super user profile is public was created by titolin
Hello everyone!
Now you can know my website super user name very easily.:P :P :P

Just come and register your account then edit your profile url.
The old url of your profile will still work and will become the supper user profile page directly and the formatted name "username" will be shown on it.

I know that some people might ask me to make formatted name hidden from the profile page but I still need this feature.
Other recommendation might be switching off the ability of editing profile url feild but even though I do that from admin panel and the result still the same.

The old url becomes my superuser page and every details appears as the site settings.

joomla 3.9.12
CB 2.4.2+build.2019.09.28.14.48.29.12ea86b4a

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314582 by titolin
Replied by titolin on topic Super user profile is public
Update:::

I tried to insert incorrect profile URLs randomly without being registered on the system and it takes me to the supper user profile page and all my details shown for public.

4 years 5 months ago #314603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Super user profile is public
Supers user profiles are not just automatically hidden. They have the same access check as any other profile, which is the "Profile View Access Level" parameter in CB > Configuration > User Profile. Set it to Registered if you don't want profiles accessed. If you want per-profile privacy you need CB Privacy to do that. I've no idea what you're referring to in regards to profile URLs. You can not set your profile URL to someone elses username or someone elses profile URL. If a profile URL is invalid it'll send you to an error page or redirect you back to your own profile (if logged in).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn