Mapping CB Data from RS Forms

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314614 by posurreal
Mapping CB Data from RS Forms was created by posurreal
Hi there,

I created a membership application run by RS Forms last year. When you fill out the form, it creates a Community Builder login and profile using all of the fields in the application form. Recently, I upgraded all extensions, including Joomla core, RS Forms, Community Builder, Membership Pro, RS Firewall, etc.

** Now, the data mapping feature in RS Forms is no longer recognizing custom fields.

How The Membership Application Works:
You select a table. Then, it reveals all of the fields in that table. Using a dropdown menu, you "map" Community Builder fields to it.

I checked the database via PHPMyAdmin and noticed that those custom fields were are in com_comprofiler. They are comprofiler_fields. So, I changed it directly in the database to pull from the _fields table. Neither table is now recognized in the RS Forms Pro mapping tool.

BTW, I have been going back and forth with RSJoomla. So far, no luck. It's a case of "no support for 3rd parties".

See attached a screenshot of the database table with custom fields showing up just fine. Then, a PDF of how the custom fields are not recognized in RS Forms.

Any ideas are most appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mapping CB Data from RS Forms
We're not the developers of RS Forms so I don't know what to tell you. We only support our own registration. Registration outside of CB is not supported.

Field values stored to CB user objects are always stored in _comprofiler. What is stored in _comprofiler_fields is the actual field row that you'd manage from CB > Field Management. So I'd imagine you're supposed to be mapping the _comprofiler table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #314640 by posurreal
Replied by posurreal on topic Mapping CB Data from RS Forms
Hello krileon,

I completely understand. Yes, _comprofiler is the table. I agree, it's a job for RS Forms. No luck with their tech support.

Would you mind deleting this thread? It's not helpful to anyone else and I prefer that the jpg showing the database be removed.

Not sure you have the power of grayskull to do that. Thx!

4 years 5 months ago #314681 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Mapping CB Data from RS Forms
Your jpg has been removed.

Maybe your solution is to handle the registration with Community Builder and any Add-ons you would need, instead fo RS Forms ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 5 months ago #314718 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mapping CB Data from RS Forms
CB Auto Actions is capable of registering users with its Registration action. You could leave Triggers set to None and then you could use the auto action as an endpoint for your custom form. That should avoid RS Forms needing to directly insert users into the _comprofiler database, which doesn't reliably work since registrations should go through API. Beyond that I'm not sure what to suggest without understanding why you need to do this in the first place.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn