Show user's articles on Profile tab

4 years 3 months ago #315850 by Dragonrider
Show user's articles on Profile tab was created by Dragonrider
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how would I go about adding a tab to a User's Profile that allows them to A) see any articles they may have submitted and B) allow them to edit their article, if necessary?

Thank you for any suggestions in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315853 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show user's articles on Profile tab

see any articles they may have submitted

Articles tab from CB Articles already provides that.

allow them to edit their article, if necessary?

CB Articles and its Articles tab has no create/edit functionality, but they could use it to find an article and navigate to it then use the edit button provided by Joomla when viewing an article. Your alternative is to use CB Blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragonrider

4 years 3 months ago #315862 by Dragonrider
Replied by Dragonrider on topic Show user's articles on Profile tab
Yes, thanks for that. I'd forgotten to allow them permission to edit their own articles! Bangs head against wall.
Got that figured out, but unfortunately once they edit their own article, they are currently allowed to edit anyone's article which is strange.

4 years 3 months ago #315868 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show user's articles on Profile tab
They shouldn't be able to edit other users articles if they're just given the Author usergroup. That usergroup by default only has permission to create articles and edit their own articles. If that's not the case check your permissions within Content > Articles > Options > Permissions. Your alternative is to use CB Blogs which doesn't require any additional permissions and can use Joomla, K2, or its own internal database for blog storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn