[#7807] CB Login Username/Password Icon size issue

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315911 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login Username/Password Icon size issue
Yes, both template files have been touched up to be more compatible with Joomla login module layout. This does not guarantee it's going to be of benefit to you as we can not guarantee compatibility with 3rd party templates. We only test compatibility with Joomlas default protostar template. Our modules support Joomla layout overrides so you may need to make one and adjust the HTML to better fit your template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315913 by blings
Replied by blings on topic CB Login Username/Password Icon size issue
Sorry! I am new to this. So, should I download the updated version? If so, from where do I do that?

4 years 3 months ago #315939 by krileon
Yes, you'll need to update to the latest release available now.

If so, from where do I do that?

Up to you. You can use the install from web within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin or download manually from the various pages below.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder
www.joomlapolis.com/news/releases
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #315944 by blings
Thank you for the instructions. I updated to the latest release - "Version: 2.4.2+build.2019.12.20.19.38.24.c6d1aade4."

The two issues remain:
1. The icon wrapping is off
2. The Username & password are forced into two lines when "Placeholder Text" only is chosen (Bootstrap Horizontal is chosen as layout).

The 3rd issue I noticed is in the off-canvas menu. I created another instance of the CB Login module for the off-canvas position using Bootstrap as the layout option:
3. Once you login using the off-canvas menu option, the logout button disappears (the icon wrapping issue is also present here).
I tested with the Joomla Login module and the icons continue to be displayed correctly. Please let me know if you would like to check out our demo site (which is online).

Please see attached images (titled with Issue numbers).

Attachments:

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315954 by krileon
Your Joomla template simply has no styling for CBs login module. Our login module now completely matches Joomlas login module HTML and CSS class structure. If your template uses those generic classes to style the login module it should work for CBs as well, but does not appear your template is. More than likely your template is doing a layout override of Joomlas login module, but not CBs. You'd need to fix any styling issues yourself or contact the template developer to see if they're willing to implement compatibility with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 3 months ago #315976 by blings
I see. I will contact the template developer.

Thank you for taking the time in trying to resolve the issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn