[SOLVED] Auto Action - generate a "notification/message " on the page

4 years 2 months ago #316552 by krileon
Authorization check when? I'm not familiar with all of Joomlas events. Do you mean when a user attempts to login or when they attempt to access something? If when they attempt to access something what is that something or does it need to apply in general to everything?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316562 by smalldragoon
authorisation to access [something] from a menu item as exemple. Not sure that through Joomla authorization process, it applies to everything ?

4 years 2 months ago #316569 by krileon
CB has no control over that as I explained in your other topic. You'd have to act entirely on a Joomla event for that. You can find a list of Joomla events below.

docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events

Prefix Joomla events with joomla_ for CB Auto Actions to act on them. Most Joomla events are reused so you will need to be careful how you act on them. I'm guessing you'll need to act on onAfterRoute which is fired after Joomla has processed the routing behavior so it already knows where the user is about to be sent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316578 by smalldragoon
yes thanks, so I guess I'm missing something else maybe.
I have configured several triggers : afterlogin, afterlogout, joomla_onAfterRoute ...etc...
the only time I have the message is after the login. I tried to browse through menus, and specially the logut sounds weird to me as I'm sure that I can see the messase as I have it for login.
attached the screenshot of the triggers, no conditions defined at all.
( btw, I updated everything as well to the latest version in case of, everything is up to date )
thx
Attachments:

4 years 2 months ago #316597 by krileon
You have to be more specific about where you want this message displayed and more importantly why. Joomla already provides access denied errors and ideally users shouldn't even see something they can't access (e.g. Joomla menu item).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 2 months ago #316608 by smalldragoon
in fact my idea was to use message queue to do my tests.
I know for the menu : user is allowed to see the menu but , I'm poiting for example to an article to which he is not allowed. so by this way, I can see when it works or not.
In short , final goal is the following :
1. non authorize will trigger a webpage/javascript pop up
2.the javascript will perform an auth to an external system.
3. assuming auth is ok, a list of groups is returned
4 . CB auto action updates groups belonging + reload userprofile
5 . USer get access to the "ressource"

What I would need is to be sure at 100% WHEN the access authorization is checked, and be able to do the test
Is it more clear ?
thx

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn