Update

3 years 11 months ago #317935 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
You only ever used stable releases in the past then. Stable releases go through Joomla update process. Build releases can't be updated through Joomla as explained above. As for the JSONP request not working reliably for everyone we're not entirely sure as browser security and browser extensions could both potentially be blocking the behavior. Regardless we're already working to try and improve the reliability of this and see if we can somehow deliver build releases through Joomla update.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317956 by tbganesha
Replied by tbganesha on topic Update
Btw, how to just update the mayor release, like 2.4.4 to 2.4.5 but not the minor release like now ?
Your version is 2.4.4+build.2020.04.14.16.36.55.34b252f57
Latest version 2.4.4+build.2020.04.20.13.54.17.1840d5acd

The update is quite often now. Like no other jobs to do but update and update only and now have to do it manually.
Thanks.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JabbaHut

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317958 by JabbaHut
Replied by JabbaHut on topic Update

krileon wrote: You only ever used stable releases in the past then.

Maybe, but I wasn't notified for builds back then. I updated for a build only because of the notification. As @tbganesha mentions it, how to be notified only for stable?

3 years 11 months ago #317979 by krileon
Turn off plugin version checking in CB > Configuration > Integrations and it will stop checking for build releases. We're working on fixing the Install from Web soon so it will stop having issues detecting login states so updating with a single button press will be possible again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318114 by tbganesha
Replied by tbganesha on topic Update
I have turned off plugin version checking in CB > Configuration > Integrations BUT this annoying notification still appears.

Community Builder version 2.4.4+build.2020.04.27.16.54.04.c0ce225f9 is available: Learn More Update Now

Please just show major update notification, e.g 2.4.4 to 2.4.5, not nightly/weekly build notification, OR you have an option in configuration for people to choose whether to get notification for nightly build or major version.

Thanks.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JabbaHut

3 years 11 months ago #318129 by krileon
That's just due to the caching. Purge Joomla cache and it should stop doing that. When the version checker activates it caches the response for 24 hours to prevent our servers from being slammed by version checks.

OR you have an option in configuration for people to choose whether to get notification for nightly build or major version.

We do have such option and you've already turned it off.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds