multi-column list

3 years 11 months ago #317750 by jcl17640
multi-column list was created by jcl17640
Hi,

I use CB 2.4.4 + build.2020.03.19.14.05.32.e6a0c6b92
and I would like to display a list of my users, this is displayed correctly on a single column, my question: how to display it on several columns (in Y)

best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317772 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic multi-column list
Our demo site has a working example of the Grid userlist layout below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/community-builder/user-lists/grid-layout

Use the "Login As" usage on the left to login as an Administrator on the below page.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

You'll then have access to review the configuration of the userlist to check against yours. Most likely your issue is entirely due to the column size parameter for your first column not being set correctly, which determines the size of the grid boxes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317805 by jcl17640
Replied by jcl17640 on topic multi-column list
Hi,

thank you for your response, i checked all my settings but they seem correct.

attached a copy

Thank you so much
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #317819 by krileon
You have column size set to Auto. The column size of the first column determines the size of the grid. Auto will expand the full width available. Set it to 3 for example. Recommend again reviewing the grid userlist configuration on our demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317820 by jcl17640
Replied by jcl17640 on topic multi-column list
i'm sorry but changing the value to 3 i still only have one column to display

3 years 11 months ago #317848 by krileon
Please login to our demo site backend and review the configuration. Follow the below steps to review the configuration on our demo site.

1. Click "Administrator" under "Login As"
2. Copy the Username and Password into the inputs and login
3. Click "Community Builder" followed by "List Management" on the top menu bar
4. Edit "Grid layout" userlist
5. Click the "Column" tab

Review the column configuration carefully for it to display like shown below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/community-builder/user-lists/grid-layout

If it's not working after doing so you've likely some sort of CSS conflict breaking the Bootstrap 4 grid CSS. Try switching to default Joomla protostar template, clearing Joomla cache, and refreshing the page to see if it then works.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds