Registration emails won't send

3 years 8 months ago #319709 by rootgasteiz
Registration emails won't send was created by rootgasteiz
Hi,

Problem: CB will no longer send users registration pending emails, not even the default.

What I was doing when the problem appeared: I was trying to change the subject and body of the email from the default. I was doing this by trying a change, creating an account in the front end to check if it worked, deleting the account that I had just created and start the process again with a new change. I did not alter any other settings during this process.

My original problem was that I could not get the text I wanted to appear; my input either somehow suppressed an email being sent or when the email was sent it appeared strangely. I repeated the above process probably 10+ times. However, now CB will not even send me the default emails. Before I started the process I copy-pasted the default strings so that I could always revert back to them just in case, so I am sure that they are correct. They currently read:

Pending Email Subject: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_SUBJECT
Pending Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE

I tried logging out and logging back in. Not sure what else to do. Is it possible that I triggered some abusive behavior protection system that is stopping it from working correctly? I used the same name and username for every iteration of my testing process.

(My colleague just attempted to register and it worked for them, but it still does not work for me)

Thanks very much for your help,
Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration emails won't send
Sounds like your email provider is blocking it as spam since you did it so many times in a row. Check your spam folder to see if the emails are being sent there. Be sure to add the email address your site is sending from to your contacts to prevent it from doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn