[SOLVED] CB GroupJive Forums Plugin Settings issue on a multilingual site

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320293 by wweb
Thank you so much krileon. You are a smart person. Your reply was very informative. I had a misconception about how GroupJive and Kunena work together. Now I understand things better.

krileon wrote: That won't look right as again GJ is not language specific. Groups are user created content and don't care what someones language is in regards to access. I suggest creating 3 categories and translating their names via language overrides so the names are multi-lingual then your users will create groups as they see fit in their language.

Thanks for your advise. It actually makes sense and I will go for it. Should the same apply with CB Blogs aswell as explainned in my other forum topic about 'CB Blogs on a multilingual site'? Instead of creating the same Blog categories for each language, should I create few categories only and translating their names via language overrides too?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320296 by krileon

Thanks for your advise. It actually makes sense and I will go for it. Should the same apply with CB Blogs aswell as explainned in my other forum topic about 'CB Blogs on a multilingual site'? Instead of creating the same Blog categories for each language, should I create few categories only and translating their names via language overrides too?

You can if you want to. New CB build released today fixes language not being checked in the category selector though so that should be working fine after updating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wweb

3 years 7 months ago #320301 by wweb
Just brilliant, krileon! I have managed to set up GroupJive and Kunena on a multilingual site correctly. And the CB build you released has fixed the language issue with categories in the CB Blogs.

Thank you so much for everything!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn