[SOLVED] Is it a bug or a feature - E-Mails not sent during registration

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324605 by superflybike
I have localized the e-mail-text-elements.
The translation is correct
In CB English is mentioned as standard language, but overriden by DE-de
The configuration to send out e-mails seems complete and correct
A test-mail from Joomla configuration page could be sent without problems.
But the system does not send out e-mails.
Do I sit on my eyes? What did I forget to check?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324618 by krileon
Send a test email to yourself within CB > User Management using CBs built in mass mailer feature by selecting your user and clicking the button. If it doesn't send then CB emails are disabled in CB > Configuration > Integrations or the mailer settings you are using are not compatible with CB.

Also no idea why your language override is just overriding the word German with HTML. That's not how overrides work. The key is the language key you're overriding and Text is what you're overriding that language keys text with. This works very similar to Joomlas language overrides behavior. Use the search feature on the right to locate language strings to override.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324624 by superflybike
Thanks a lot for your reply.

E-Mail sending: We found out, that we could send e-mail from joomla configuration page, but not through registration. But finally this was not a Joomla Problem, but a problem of the server. We solved that problem.

Languages: We could not find out the reason. Because we had also problems with Error 500 when activating some HIKA-Shop-elements, we decided to newly set up the whole page slowly step by step. Last time I was to fast installing one element after another, without really checking each time what happened. So this time we hope being able to document at what point what problem occurs. We will report about it within the relevant forum threads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 11 months ago #324668 by superflybike
we solved the problem. It was a strange configuration at the Apache Server, so system E-mails had been sent out, but no registration e-mails.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn