Fields link with joomla user profile

2 years 10 months ago #324686 by rlaffont
Fields link with joomla user profile was created by rlaffont
Hi,

How can link some community builder custom fields with joomla user profile fields ?
For exemple, I want to link my community builder phone field, with the joomla user profile field.

Thx,
Romain

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #324689 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fields link with joomla user profile
You can't at this time as they're completely separate from one another. This will change in CB 3.x as we'll be turning all CB field types into Joomla fields. The only way to link data like that for now is to use CB Auto Actions to synchronize _comprofiler table with Joomlas profile data table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rlaffont

2 years 10 months ago #324720 by rlaffont
Replied by rlaffont on topic Fields link with joomla user profile
Hello,

Thx for response.
I will wait for the version 3.X.

Best Regards,
Romain.

2 years 10 months ago #324722 by krileon
You maybe waiting a long time. CB 3.x will be developed in parallel with CB 2.x as it's a complete rewrite of CB. This means it is likely to take up to a year to complete. Your best solution to keep fields outside of CB in sync right now is with CB Auto Actions. Your alternative solution is to use CB Code Field or CB Query Field to use PHP or SQL to pull the value to CBs profile, but it will be for display only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rlaffont

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #324909 by rlaffont
Replied by rlaffont on topic Fields link with joomla user profile
Thx for response.

Can you confirm me, if I subscribe CB Professional - 3M to download CB Auto Action, after this 3 months, I can always use CB Auto Action ?

Thx for your help,
Best Regards,
Romain

2 years 10 months ago #324917 by krileon

Can you confirm me, if I subscribe CB Professional - 3M to download CB Auto Action, after this 3 months, I can always use CB Auto Action ?

Yes, after 3 months you will be able to continue using whatever version you downloaded and installed. Please keep in mind you will not be able to update CB Auto Actions with an expired subscription nor will you get support with an expired subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn