upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326081 by RobWilkinson
[#8679] upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon was created by RobWilkinson
I upgraded to 2.6.1 and the "secret key" no longer appears in the front end and I am not able to access two factor authentication in the user profile even if as an admin I disable 2FA and then logon as a user.

Joomla Version Joomla! 3.10.0 Stable [ Daraja ] 14-August-2021 11:55 GMT
Joomla Platform Version : Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
PHP Version : 7.4.22
DB Version : 5.7.32-35-log

What changed suddenly?

Regards,
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326089 by Smookydope
Replied by Smookydope on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
Hi there

I have the same problem.

Same Plattform, PHP version and DB version.

Regards,
Smooky

2 years 7 months ago #326093 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
Looks like Joomla 3.10 changed how 2FA is handled. That was unexpected. Am investigating now to see how to best fix it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8679

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326094 by RobWilkinson
Replied by RobWilkinson on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
Thank you very much.

Regards
Rob

2 years 7 months ago #326095 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
Ok, was able to fix the issue. MR is pending review and merge then we will release a new build release with this fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326098 by RobWilkinson
Replied by RobWilkinson on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
Well done, Krileon. Much appreciated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn