Change URL path on user profiles.

2 years 7 months ago #326087 by hayesjames
Change URL path on user profiles. was created by hayesjames
Currently if I click on a user profile on the front end of the website, the URL generated is website.here/IDnumber-USERNAME

Is there a way to make it so that jsut the ID shows so that the individual is "hidden". The plan is that the user will only see fields with that level of detail when they subscribe, and if they are a little clever then they can just see the indivduals name /company in the url.

Thanks, J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change URL path on user profiles.
Username, Formatname, Avatar, and Canvas are all considered always public. You can't remove username from the URL unless you use the Profile URL field for users to provide their own custom profile alias. They can then set it to whatever they like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #329725 by hayesjames
Replied by hayesjames on topic Change URL path on user profiles.
Hey Kyle,

Many thanks for your reply to this, I've just returned to this project and see this is still an issue !!

Is there a way the alias generation can be changed? It currently created the alias by using the ID of user and their Username (IDnumber-USERNAME). Can I change it to just using their ID ? This would make it anonymous.

An alternative solution would be to make the field public at registration, then hide it with CSS and use a random number generator in JavaScript to place a random number string to the field. But that feels a bit breakable!!

1 year 10 months ago #329731 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change URL path on user profiles.
You can automate generation of profile alias using CB Auto Actions and a Field action. It has built in functionality for dealing with the alias field specifically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn