Where can I find CB in Joomla 4 ?

2 years 5 months ago #327075 by WoodyF4u
Where can I find CB in Joomla 4 ? was created by WoodyF4u
I have installed CB 2.6.4 in Joomla 4.
Now I can not fid CB.
There is no admin menu or component in de list.

What do I have to do to see CB in the backend of Joomla 4?

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #327076 by WoodyF4u
Replied by WoodyF4u on topic Where can I find CB in Joomla 4 ?
I have found the cause of the problem.
On the website I use Akeeba AdminTools.
Apparently AdminTools is blocking the CB installation process.
After installation the message appears: Installation component successful.
But not the CB information that should appear during installation.

After I temporarily disabled Backend Protection in Akeeba AdminTools, the installation of CB went well.
After the installation I re-enabled Backend Protection and CB continues to work fine.

I think it would be useful for others to know this.

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

2 years 5 months ago #327082 by WoodyF4u
Replied by WoodyF4u on topic Where can I find CB in Joomla 4 ?
It is the way how CB is installing the component.
It seems to be not the legal way for installing a Joomla extension.
So that is why AdminTools is blocking the process.

This is what Akeeba says about it:
You cabn find the answer of Akeeba in AdminTools ticket #36156 at akeeba.com
Akeeba website:.. /support/admin-tools/Ticket/36156:admintools-is-blocking-the-installation-of-community-builder.html

Best regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #327100 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Where can I find CB in Joomla 4 ?
Package Installer from CB Package Builder uses Joomla installer API to install extensions. There is nothing wrong with doing it this way. Admin Tools is not Joomla core. Whatever protections it applies has nothing to do with what is and is not allowed. We're using perfectly valid and safe API. Package Installer completely removes itself once completed as well. Package Installer allows us to generate custom installers including any number of our components, modules, plugins, and cb plugins.

It's also done this way because Joomla extension installation is terrible for large packages. A standard Joomla package would install everything at once without a chance to clear memory. Package Installer installs extensions 1 by 1 using ajax calls to clear memory. This means a large package with even 100 extensions cannot crash your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn