Sync profile from LDAP

2 years 3 months ago #327449 by cuball
Sync profile from LDAP was created by cuball
Hi, it might be a simple thing but i just can't work it out,

Is there a way to synchronize the CB user profile cb_title field with the LDAP user title? LDAP is working to create new users, and when i do a test/debug of the ldap user seach, i can see that the title is being seen, but i just can't work out how to link the CB user profile to it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327467 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sync profile from LDAP
We don't provide an LDAP authentication plugin. That's Joomla's and it's not aware CB even exists so no there is not a way to synchronize that information without likely modifying that authentication plugin. If it has some sort of Joomla event that fires during LDAP synchronization then it might be possible to also do this from CB Auto Actions, but I've no idea if it has such an event.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn